Recent Activity

An interview took place on Saturday. Instead of using the auto white balance, I tried the old school way. This involved putting a sheet of paper in front of the camera and measuring it. I was very disappointed in the results and will follow the professor suggestion of sticking with the auto setting.

Monday and Tuesday, I spent five hours on ingesting video with Adobe Prelude. This application allows the creation of a Rough Cut. Tags were added to each cut to describe what it contained. Then the Rough Cut was exported to Premier Pro.

I use a Nikon D5100 for capturing my video. Two recurring problems have been exposure spikes and headroom. The class helped research these problems and these are the causes:

  • While shooting video, the exposure must be locked. Otherwise, the camera is constantly adjusting for metering the exposure.
  • There are two SMALL white lines on each side of the LCD screen that indicate actually framing for video.

I had a shoot scheduled with the owner of the pipe organ in construction. Solving the problems I encountered has re-framed my attitude about having an interview  cancelled last week. I feel confident in getting the best interview with the most important person.

I want to one of my intended outcomes for this course. I think getting certified for Adobe Premier might have been too ambitious. Instead I would like to focus on entering the Gulf Coast Film and Video Festival. More to come later.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s